NEO International Partners are recruitment specialists within the infrastructure sectors, and have a combined experience of over 20 years. Our focus is supplying senior level and niche requirement recruitment solutions to construction and engineering clients across the UK, Europe, North America, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific. We help contractors, OEM’s, engineering consultancies, and client organisations to fill urgent and mid to senior-level requirements. We pride ourselves on our integrity and timely approach to delivery.
– Due to company growth, our client now has a brand new requirement for a Regional Commercial Director for the North of England.
– They are a reputable construction and civil engineering specialist, established with over 50 years’ experience of delivering high quality projects across the UK. They offer a range of services that includes, Construction Engineering, Pre-Contract Planning and Value Engineering, Temporary Works Design, Permanent Works Design and 4D Modelling and Animation and have provided solutions to some of the industry’s most complex challenges and projects.
– They work across the Commercial build, Education, Residential, Retail, Rail and Energy sectors to name a few.
– They have a fantastic people focused and team orientated culture.
– With a focus across all regions in the North of England and working closely with the Regional MD and Group Commercial Officer, the purpose of the Regional Commercial Director role is to lead, inspire and develop a team of Commercial Managers and Snr Quantity Surveyors to develop and implement commercial strategies that support and accelerate sustainable growth. You will shape targeted, innovative commercial strategies across a range of projects in the region that vary in size, scale and complexity, guiding financial analysis to develop business plans for commercial opportunities. Continuously identifying ways to develop client relationships, you will create and shape commercial opportunities, and broaden the organisation’s reputation for delivering quality and value.
– A key interface for clients in both existing and new market areas, the Regional Commercial Director is responsible for setting direction of the commercial strategy across the region and creating an environment and culture that reflects the group’s Values, Behaviours, Vision, Mission and Strategy.
– Ensures that the region’s Commercial Team has clear purpose, role accountabilities and measurable objectives aligned with the group’s values, mission, vision and strategy and that the team understands that profits are reflected in all of their operations, including relationships and risk management.
– To directly manage 3 Senior Commercial Managers as well overseeing Senior QS’s, QSs and support staff, conducting monthly one-to-ones and quarterly progression meetings with direct reports that provide structured feedback, support and shapes individual development plans and continually elevates team performance.
– Creates and champions a culture of inclusivity across the regional’s Commercial Team, seeking opportunities to increase diversity of thought within decision-making across the region.
– Develops, implements and directs the region’s commercial strategy in line with group strategy
and objectives, aiming to achieving long-term sustainable growth.
– Supports new business acquisition process including management, coordination and delivery of
the commercial phases of the project and extensive client relationship and partnering development
– Supports work-winning teams to successfully convert pipeline of opportunities to anticipated wins in line with financial targets.
– Proactively develops positive working relationships with the Senior Leadership Teams to explore, develop and implement changes that evolve the organisation in line with Group strategic objectives.
– Creates a culture of continuous improvement including the set-up of processes for Commercial lessons learnt and sharing best practice.
– Sets commercial bid strategies bids in new and existing market areas.
Skills and experience:
– Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary Commercial teams within construction and civil engineering.
– Proven ability to build client relationships.
– Proven ability to formulate, implement and direct successful commercial strategies and maximise on commercial opportunities.
– Deep experience of change and cost management, evolving commercial and delivery concepts into workable solutions.
– Organisational and planning skills; demonstrates broad capability in planning and performance management practices and the use of business intelligence tools – strong programme and project management ability and experience.
– Strong working knowledge and experience of various internal and client digital system.
– Competitive Salary (Up to circa £120k – £130k, negotiable)
– Car allowance £9k
– Pension Scheme
– Health cover
– Discounted gym membership
– Holiday allowance 26 days plus bank holidays plus option to buy/ sell 4 days per year
Does this sound like you?
How to apply:
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please send your CV to Nichola Finnigan (Head of Commercial, Contract Management and Legal) at email@example.com along with your contact number and availability for an initial, informal conversation in the first instance.