Costain Group PLC to deliver £100m M6, J33 link road.
Through collaboration with Lancashire County Council, the scheme provides opportunity to introduce specialist expertise to develop ground-breaking zero carbon solutions that improve the lives of the people who live and work in south Lancaster.
The South Lancaster Growth Catalyst programme includes:
– Reconfiguration of M6 junction 33 that will reduce traffic in Galgate
– West Coast Mainline underpass giving access to the proposed Bailrigg Garden Village and improvements to Hazelrigg Lane
– A new road through Bailrigg Garden Village/South Lancaster Strategic Growth Area, and a new canal bridge
– A new Park & Ride facility
– Changes to Lancaster’s one-way system to create bus priority routes and car-free areas
– Cycle ‘superhighway’ linking the city centre with the university, the Health Innovation Campus, and the Bailrigg Garden Village/South Lancaster Strategic Growth Area.
Check out the link below for the full story!